Some parents have been asking me about how they can prepare for music classes (yay!). So I thought I’d write about it.
If you’ve already been with me for at least a year, then you’ve received a Summer Fun booklet with some fun activities to review. Please bring this in with you to the first class, and if completed, your child will get a treat.
If you’re new to my classes, then here are some ideas:
1) Make sure you have set up the keyboard (touch-sensitive) and bench in a quiet place in the house for your child to do his/her daily practice.
2) Schedule a consistent, daily time for practice.
3) Expose your child to a wide variety of music, including concerts and recitals.
4) Enthusiasm is contagious – talk about the class. Studies indicate that parental attitude, support, and involvement are very important factors in a child’s success with learning to play and enjoy music.
5) Listen to Music – sing in the car!
Overall just come prepared to learn a lot and have fun!
I’m looking forward to seeing you all shortly. Enjoy your weekend!